Sheila

Sheila's Reads

BENEATH THIS MAN by Jodi Ellen Malpas

Beneath This Man - Jodi Ellen Malpas
  You have to read this series in order. Beneath this man picks up where This Man ends. Jesse is not doing very well. He needs Ava but will not compromise or listen to what she has to say. Ava has to show by her actions and words that Jesse can trust her. I loved when Ava lets loose. It is only when she is over the top that Jesse can understand her because he is over the top. Ava struggles with Jesse's behavior but finally does get through to him after she behaves totally opposite of what he has come to expect of her. I applaud her for it. Jesse only understands by example. They are still an interesting couple but Ava puts up with a lot. I wish Sam or John would have told her what happened in Jesse's past but they all stand back and let her struggle with Jesse. Again the bonus chapter throws a lot of light on Jesse and his viewpoint and past.