Sheila

Sheila's Reads

THE ANTIDOTE by Lisabet Sarai

The Antidote - Lisabet Sarai

A dystopian society where sexual feelings and behavior are controlled by the government causes Lena to want to find out what she missing. Oh, she has sex once a month with her husband but she feels there should be more to their sex than the pleasant feelings of coupling. When she is able to get the antidote underground she discovers all she has been missing but will her husband be as enthused as she?

I liked that Lena did not want to be controlled by the government. She went after what she wanted and did not worry about the consequences. I liked the build-up of the sexual tension she felt as she experienced what had been repressed. I also like the excitement she received. Although she was brought down from the release by the government she remembered it and craved it.

While this is a quick read, it does a good job of letting us glimpse the world where Lena lives. I liked the tension and the twists of her discoveries. I'd like to see a longer novel set in this world to see if the inhabitants rebel like Lena does.