Sheila

Sheila's Reads

DEATH FRICASSEE by Tawdra Kandle

Death Fricassee (Recipe for Death) (Volume 1) - Tawdra Kandle
  Lance has no idea what he is when he moves next door to Jackie. As she tries to figure out what her neighbor's story is, she is also trying to decide if they should date since they are the only two not of retirement age in the retirement community. Humor defines their interactions as Lance is jumpy and Jackie is wondering. Then murder occurs.

I enjoyed this story and the characters. The retirement community crowd are funny as they try to hook up Lance and Jackie. Watching Lance and Jackie trying to figure each other out, especially Lance, made me laugh. He was freaked and Jackie clueless. The murder was not the biggest story line. It was the start of the relationship between Lance and Jackie as well as what happened with Lance before Jackie met him. This is a good set-up for the series.