Sheila

Sheila's Reads

CAPPUCCINO, CUPCAKES, AND A CORPSE by Harper Lin

Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (A Cape Bay Cafe Mystery) (Volume 1) - Harper Lin
  Good set up for the Cape Bay Café Mysteries as Francesca has returned to her hometown after the death of her mother. While walking home from the café she finds Mr. Cardosi dead on his back porch. She begins to investigate and finds out she's not as good a detective as she thinks she is.

I enjoyed this book. I liked the first person point-of-view. The mystery was good. I did not figure it out until the end when it was practically spelt out for me. I had the who but the why did not come to me. The characters were interesting. I kept hoping the murderer was not one of the regulars. I liked the slow way Francesca and Matteo are getting together as adults since they were childhood friends.

This is going to be a good series. I look forward to reading book 2.