Sheila

Sheila's Reads

TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE by Jenny Han

To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han
  Lara Jean has written love letters to her crushes through the years and kept them hidden in a hatbox given to her by her mother. Those letters get mailed and she has to deal with the consequences.

I enjoyed the first person point of view. I felt as if I was in her shoes. Lara Jean had to grow up fast. She had to deal with the embarrassment of her deepest feelings being known. She also had to learn to deal with conflict within her family that had become minimal with the death of her mother. There are secrets within the family that come to light with the letters. Relationships change.

The beginning was slow. I was afraid that it was going to be trite with every daily happening being told but it got better once Margot was off to college and the letters' fallout begins. It became what I expected and definitely got better. I enjoyed watching the changing reactions to one another and the truths being revealed. I look forward to the sequel to see how it all plays out.