Sheila

Sheila's Reads

THE DEVIL AND WINNIE FLYNN by Micol Ostow and David Ostow

The Devil and Winnie Flynn - Micol Ostow, David Ostow
  Winnie is spending the summer after her mother's suicide with her Aunt Maggie, the producer of a reality urban myth series. Winnie does not believe in the paranormal and her aunt hopes spending the time working on the show will change her mind about the paranormal.

I loved the way this is written in first person as a letter/journal to a best friend. I enjoyed the drawings and scripts interspersed throughout the story. Great characters, good story, good urban myth. The build-up for the scare was great but the scare was not there. I was ready for it, lights on, curled in a blanket then the last chapter and a half happened. I was like, "Is That All There Is?" What a letdown!

I did enjoy the book enough that I will read more of this brother/sister team.