Sheila

Sheila's Reads

FINAL UPDATE FOR POPSUGAR CHALLENGE FOR 2015

It's been a while since I've been here.  So much has happened this year which cut down on my reading time especially for the last four months.  I went on five vacations.  My mom sold her house and, as my one sister said, "Mom moves and us girls have to clean our houses."  I have been cleaning up and clearing out my house since July and I am still not done.  I'm about 1/3 of the way through.  Then the holidays came.  And finally I retired today, New Year's Eve.  Hopefully I'll get my house cleaned and more reading done.

1.  A book with more than 500 pages--AMERICANAH by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

2.  A classic romance

3.  A book that became a movie:  ME AND EARL AND THE DYING GIRL by Jesse Andrews

4.  A book published this year:  EPICUREAN DELITES by Adriana Kraft

5.  A book with a number in the title:  FIVE DAYS AT MEMORIAL by Sheri Fink

6.  A book written by someone under 30--THE OUTSIDERS by S. E. Hinton

7.  A book with nonhuman characters:  THE NIGHTINGALE CIRCUS by Ioana Visan

8.  A funny book:  COCOA AND CHANEL by Donna Joy Usher

9.  A book by a female author:  SPEAKEASY DEAD by Vicky Loebel

10. A mystery or thriller:  REUNION IN DEATH by J. D. Robb

11. A book with a one-word title:  VANILLA by Megan Hart

12. A book of short stories:  FOURTH WORLD:  EROTIC TALES OF MONSTERS, MYTHS, AND MAGIC by Lisabet Sarai

13. A book set in a different country: HOW TO PLAN A WEDDING FOR A ROYAL SPY by Vanessa Kelly

14. A non-fiction book:  I AM MALALA by Malala Yousafzai

15. A popular author's first book

16. A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet:  UNCONDITIONAL DEVOTION by Kaleigh Malcolm

17. A book a friend recommended--THE WESTING GAME by Ellen Raskin

18. A Pulitzer Prize winning book

19. A book based on a true story

20. A book at the bottom of your to-be-read list:  MARRY ME NOT by Lass Small

21. A book your mom loves

22. A book that scares you  THE DEVIL AND WINNIE FLYNN by Micol Ostow and David Ostow

23. A book more than 100 years old

24. A book based entirely on its cover:  FAT by Saranna DeWylde

25. A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't  ANIMAL FARM by George Orwell

26. A memoir:  WILD by Cheryl Strayed

27. A book you can finish in a day:  THE INGREDIENTS OF BLISS by Lisabet Sarai

28. A book with antonyms in the title THE DEVIL'S ANGEL by Christine Alvarez

29. A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit:  MURDER IN AIX by Susan Kieran-Lewis

30. A book that came out the year your were born:  A WINTER'S LOVE by Madeline L'Engle

31. A book with bad reviews

32. A trilogy:  THIS MAN TRILOGY by Jodi Ellen Malpas includes: THIS MAN, BENEATH THIS MAN, and THIS MAN CONFESSED

33. A book from your childhood

34. A book with a love triangle:  THE BILLIONAIRE BACHELORS TRILOGY by R. G. Alexander

35. A book set in the future:  PORTRAIT IN DEATH by J. D. Robb

36. A book set in high school TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE by Jenny Han

37. A book with a color in the title: ROSE COLORED DREAMS by Adriana Kraft

38. A book with magic:  SPELLBOUND by Sylvia Day

39. A graphic novel:  MS. MARVEL: NO NORMAL by G. Willow Wilson/A. Alphona

40. A book by an author you've never read before:  BE MY EVERYTHING by Ella Jade

41. A book you own but have never read:  PETE AND FREMONT by Jenny Tripp

42. A book that takes place in your hometown:  AMERICAN RUST by Philipp Meyer

43. A book that was originally written in a different language:  SKYLIGHT by Jose Saramago

44. A book set during Christmas SNOWBOUND IN CHRISTMAS by Debbie Mason

45. A book written by an author with your same initials

46. A play

47. A banned book

48. A book based on or turned into a TV show:  OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon

49. A book you started but never finished

50. A book that made you cry:  GABRIEL'S REDEMPTION by Sylvain Reynard

I gave it my best shot but came up 12 short.  Darn!  I'll do 2016's challenge and see how it goes.  Happy New Year!