Sheila

Sheila's Reads

BAKED 1: RED VELVET RAPTURE by Colleen Charles

Baked Part 1: Red Velvet Rapture - Colleen Charles
  Ally opens her own bakery but a fire happens before opening day. She is rescued by a hot fireman. A new man comes into her life and her ex-boyfriend also begins coming around again.

I liked Ally. She is spunky and not willing to put up with other people telling her what to do. She is emotionally strong as problems beset her and bad news follows her. I wasn't happy with the cliffhanger ending because I have so many questions that I want answered now, especially about the ex-boyfriend, the cad.

Th

The story moves along quickly. It is believable and realistic. I do have questions about the insurance investigator. He does not seem on the up-and-up. There is something sleazy about him. There are not many secondary characters for now. Those that are there move the story along.

I am waiting for the next book because I have an enquiring mind and it wants to know what is happening and why.