Sheila

Sheila's Reads

BROKEN by Foxy Tale

Broken: Alpha Bad Boy MMA Fighter Stepbrother Romance - Foxy Tale
  This was a very emotional read. It deals with child abuse and domestic violence. It is very intense as it deals with Kayla's past and its affect on her present. Kayla takes up fighting because of the past. She uses it as a way to protect herself and free herself from the abuse. Along the way she has left Chase behind because her past caught up with her. He finally finds her and wants to hate her but when he learns her reasons he cannot hate her but wants to help her.

Kayla is scarred but she is s

Kayla is scarred but she is strong. I like her. I also liked Chase and can understand his feelings. When aspects of Kayla's past are revealed, I came to strongly dislike people from her past. The story is realistic. I loved the intensity of the writing as well as the changing first person point of view of Kayla and Chase. It made me feel that I was in Kayla's shoes.

While this story left me drained, I would read Foxy Tale again. I liked her writing.