Sheila

Sheila's Reads

REDNECK BOY IN THE PROMISED LAND by Ben Jones

Redneck Boy in the Promised Land: The Confessions of "Crazy Cooter" - Ben Jones
  This is the autobiography of Ben Jones, Cooter from The Dukes of Hazard. I found it interesting, charming, and delightful. It's a quick read of his life in WWII Portsmith, VA through his days of protesting for civil rights in the 60's to his acting and his time in politics and after. He did a lot. I liked reading of history through his eyes especially the civil rights movement and his time in the House of Representatives. He's done and seen a lot. It was also fun as he recalled his days on The D This is the autobiography of Ben Jones, Cooter from The Dukes of Hazard. I found it interesting, charming, and delightful. It's a quick read of his life in WWII Portsmith, VA through his days of protesting for civil rights in the 60's to his acting and his time in politics and after. He did a lot. I liked reading of history through his eyes especially the civil rights movement and his time in the House of Representatives. He's done and seen a lot. It was also fun as he recalled his days on The Dukes of Hazard and the reunion and nostalgia of the show. I'm glad I read it.