Sheila

Sheila's Reads

FROM THE ASHES by Elle Rochelle and T E. Dragon

From the Ashes (Egyptian Dynasty Book 1) - Elle Rochelle, TE Dragon
  Jack only believes in six-month contracts with his women. He offers one to Desire but he does not feel about her the way he feels about his other women. He's let his feelings get in the way of his lifestyle and does not know what to do.

Wow! There are moments in this book that are sublime. The prose in the early love scenes is poetic. I was lost in those moments. The plot of the story faded in the background then became stronger as Jack and Desire's relationship developed. As the story line developed I had many questions but few answers. I look forward to the next book for those answers.

Jack was a jerk but he may have grown up by the end. That will be seen in book two. Desire is a mystery. I have my suspicions about her but I do like her. I want to know what there is about her that make men and women want her. The secondary characters of Malcolm and Bianca bear watching as the series develops. I like Malcolm and I like that Desire can be herself with him. Bianca I'm not sure about her. I thought she just wanted Malcolm but by the end I don't know what her angle is.

This is definitely a keeper. I hope book 2 comes soon because I want my curiosity satisfied