Sheila

Sheila's Reads

STEPBROTHER: UNBREAKABLE by Victoria Villenueve

Stepbrother: Unbreakable (A Billionaire Stepbrother Romance) - Victoria Villeneuve
  Mikki has been telling Jaret no for their whole high school careers but gives in on prom night. The next day she finds out her mom will be marrying his dad. She wants nothing to do with him and moves across the country to go to college. Four years later they meet up at her mother's funeral. She gives into temptation again. Now she must live with the consequences.

I enjoyed Mikki and Jaret. Both needed to grow up and they did. The four years apart have helped. When Mikki needs Jaret, he is there for her. I liked how he had her back especially as they deal with the consequences of their actions. Both have to communicate with the other and when they begin to, they begin to see that neither is the façade they wear each day. The secondary characters form a good support system around them. I was glad to see them interacting with others especially Mikki. She kept a lot inside of her.

The story was good. I could feel Mikki's exasperation with Jaret. I could feel his getting to get a rise out of her. Because the characters were so well written and defined I knew they would get through the things that happened to them. Their reactions were what they were like. I cried as Mikki went through her difficulties. I cried as Mikki and Jaret faced their loss together and cheered as Jaret taught Mikki to hold her head up and not let the naysayers get to her.

I loved this story. I loved these characters. It's not a story I will walk away from.