Sheila

Sheila's Reads

DRAGON HEAT by Ella J. Phoenix

Dragon Heat - Ella J. Phoenix
  Zoricah rescues the vampire prince Tardieh who is being held prisoner and tortured. Two hundred years later she needs him to help her rescue women (human, vampire, and draco) who are being kidnapped and used in experiments. He does not trust her feeling that she killed his father but he's not entirely sure about her past and his father. He knows he's attracted to her.

I enjoyed this book. The world building is good and this sets up the series very well. A glossary is provided at the beginning but

I liked the characters. Zoricah and Tardieh are astute and wise. They try to figure out why the other is doing what he/she is doing. They try to outmaneuver each other but their attraction gets in the way. I liked the teams they have around them. It seems each will have a story to tell. They are all strong characters.

The story was done well. I like how the world is built throughout this first story. The rules are set out. There is a language and mythology set up for this world. It will be interesting to see where the story and the world goes from here. The bad guys always seem to be a step ahead of Zoricah and Tardieh and their people. Hopefully they will soon be ahead of the bad guys.