Sheila

Sheila's Reads

NOT QUITE JULIET by Katherine Rhodes

Not Quite Juliet: Silver Soul 1 (Volume 1) - Katherine Rhodes
  Morgan has left a bad situation in Wisconsin and came to Pittsburgh to start a new life which includes becoming a judge. She finally gets to meet Nick D, her favorite rocker, at a local bar. Imagine her surprise when Nick D turns out to be a doctor who has been called to testify in a murder trial that she is clerking. Their attraction grows but their pasts interfere with their romance.

I loved Morgan and Nick. They are realistic. Neither wants to expose their pasts but once they do they are able
to communicate with the other. The sex is hot! I liked how Morgan's sense of justice is what led her to want to become a lawyer and judge. She is not afraid of hard work. I enjoyed how Nick's band was not looking to become more than a local band who enjoyed making music by night but loved their day jobs as much.

There are a large cast of characters between the band, Club Imperial, and the friends. There is a lot of interaction between these people. The secondary characters are good. Since this is the first book in the series, I know many of them will get their own books. I want to see where they go and with whom they fall in love. The ladies are strong women who will get the one they want; I have no doubt.

The story is realistic. The past is interwoven with the present so we get the story at the same time as the characters. I got my HEA in several ways here. I am looking forward to more HEAs for the others.