Sheila

Sheila's Reads

SECRETS OF THE DEEP by E. G. Foley

Secrets of the Deep (The Gryphon Chronicles, Book 5) - E.G. Foley

Jake and his friends are hunted by the Dark Druids. In order to protect them Aunt Ramona has them take the Grand Tour where the end up in Italy. While there they test Archie's new invention that will take them underwater without breathing apparatus. As they explore a sunken temple that Jake has previously discovered they find an orb that Archie says came from the Atlantisans. Is he right?

I enjoyed this newest adventure of Jake, Archie, and the rest of them. It is full of action, adventure, and a little romance. I liked how the legends of mermaid and Atlantis are woven through the story. Watching Jake and company learn as they reason out the mystery is fun. I got into the story as they work to discover what the orb they found does and why the villains want it so much. I appreciate that Jake can go back to his roots in the rookery when he needs to and use the skills he learned there to help him today. The support among the friends is tremendous even when they are fighting with each other. But a good clearing of the air never hurt any romance.

While most of the action involves the gang, I liked when the adults had their chance for their own adventure. That was a cliff hanger. As their adventure is occurring so is Jake's and company. Each group has formidable enemies to conquer.

Read this series in order as each book builds upon the previous one. The world building is fantastic. I love this world. I look forward to the next book to answer my questions lingering from this one.