Sheila

Sheila's Reads

YOU WERE ALWAYS MINE by Cerise DeLand

You Were Always Mine (7 Brides for 7 SEALs Book 1) - Cerise Deland
  Abigail is going to San Antonio to visit her hospitalized SEAL brother when she meets his team leader at the Washington airport and cold shoulders him. Feeling guilty she gives up her first class seat to him and softens her stance towards him.

This is one of my favorite stories by Cerise DeLand. I like the characters. I like the story. I love the setting. Abigail is a strong modern woman. She is at a loss when dealing with her brother. She is also instantly attracted to Nick, his team leader. Nick is the strong SEAL who is used to dealing with whatever happens but he is also at a loss to explain their connection.

The story is a simple one of instant connection, how to deal with her wounded brother, and the ghosts at the Menger Hotel where they are staying. I loved how the Menger Hotel and its history are woven into the story along with the Alamo. I can see it all. I like how Abigail's family history is also woven into the story.

If all the stories in this series are as much fun as this one, I cannot wait to read them.