Sheila

Sheila's Reads

MAID FOR A ROCK STAR by Demelzo Carlton

Maid for the Rock Star (Romance Island Resort Series Book 1) - Demelza Carlton
  Audra is a maid where Jay Felix comes to stay in the VIP section of the resort. Because her co-worker is ill, Audra becomes the maid for the VIP section. Jay Felix is ready to cause all kind of havoc. Audra has to resist or lose her job.

I liked Audra. She has strength to say no to Jay. She also tells him off. Jay is trying to find himself with the breakup of his band. His glory days are over at a young age. Both are struggling. Audra to put her past behind her and to make a future for herself. Jay to find a future.

The story was good. Not necessarily a typical romance but good as the lead off in the series where it sets up the players and the world they inhabit. I should have listened to my 12-year-old niece and not read the blurbs to the future books because I am not liking Jay too much because of those blurbs. I do want to know how he carries it all off and what ending happens to him.