Sheila

Sheila's Reads

WARRIORS: INTO THE WILD by Erin Hunter

Warriors #1: Into the Wild (Warriors: The Prophecies Begin) - Dave Stevenson, Erin Hunter

Rusty leaves his human family to become a wild cat with the ThunderClan.  They need warriors as theirs are dying off and few kits are being born.  Insulted by the older cats, Rusty becomes Firepaw and begins his training to become a warrior.  Rusty learns to watch and observe.  He also uses his instincts which are often correct for as young a cat as he.

I enjoyed this story.  There are a lot of names and cats to remember.  The world building is excellent.  The rules are explained to us readers as they are explained to Firepaw.  There are the wise old cats, the ambitious warriors, the traitors, and the innocent.  I like how Firepaw has to make his choices and explain them later.  I also liked how Bluestar, his leader and mentor, is patient and listens.  It is good training for what I believe Firepaw will face in his life as a Warrior.

I look forward to the next book in the series.