Sheila

Sheila's Reads

THE RIGHT KIND OF GUY by Kerri-Leigh Grady

The Right Kind of Guy - Kerri-Leigh Grady
  Kelsey goes to a romance book conference. She's an author who does not believe in the kind of love she writes. She meets superfan Jas who is tailed by her brother, Aaron, who is trying to keep her out of trouble and in a job. As Kelsey and Aaron follow Jas around Las Vegas to keep her from making a big "life ruining" mistake, they both start to rethink their ideas of love.

I liked Jas. I am so glad she was in the book. She was bigger than life and kept me from throwing this book against the wall. Kelsey and Aaron are clichéd. If you can write it, you can't be as jaded as Kelsey thought she was. You have to believe a little. I had a hard time with Aaron being so under his father's thumb. He needed to take a lesson from Jas on how to live.

The story was okay but the end leaves so many possibilities open and I wanted to see how they changed their lives instead of getting a epilogue and having to use my imagination.