Sheila

Sheila's Reads

LENDING A PAW by Laurie Cass

Lending a Paw - Laurie Cass
  Minnie is the assistant director of the library and the bookmobile lady. Eddie is her cat who stows away on the bookmobile. While out on their first day in the bookmobile, Eddie leads Minnie to a dead body. It is the man who provided the money for the bookmobile. His relationships from the past with those in town come to light and everyone is a suspect.

I liked Minnie and Eddie. The cast of characters were interesting and relatable. The questions Minnie asks are good ones but I could not figure out how she figured out the murderer. Nor could I figure out the cops. They were clichéd. Even with the explanation at the end I had trouble following the train of thought that brought her there. I figured there were others who were guilty. Well, it's good I'm not a detective.

While I didn't discover the murderer and could not see Minnie's train of thought, I would like to read more of the series because the characters were so comfortable. I'd like to see where some of the characters go, especially Eddie.