Sheila

Sheila's Reads

THE KNAVEHEART CURSE by Adele Griffin

The Knaveheart's Curse - Adele Griffin
  Maddy and her family are hybrid vampire-fruit bats who are trying to become fully human and have moved to the New World. Unfortunately the 9th Knaveheart has followed them and is trying to find its heir so it can retire. Maddy must be on her toes so the 9th Knaveheart does not succeed.

This was fun. It can be read as a standalone. I loved Maddy. She is everything a pre-teen should be including being a vampire. She is sarcastic, snarky, and funny. She still holds onto some of the vampire ways but is trying to fit in. Her family is different. I enjoyed her brother. The two are what siblings should be.

The story was fun as Maddy met some otherworldly creatures. It is up to her to save the day and protect the Knaveheart heir from coming to fruition. I have got to find the first book in the series and I hope there are more books to come.