Sheila

Sheila's Reads

SUMMER PASSIONS by Michelle McMasters

Summer Passions (Seasons of Love) - Michelle Mcmaster

3 short stories starting with CUPID’S DART.  Shooting the Marquess of St. Clair in the leg with an arrow was not part of Daphne’s plan.  She just wanted to beat him at something.  Now she must pay for her sin by nursing him back to health.  I liked Daphne.  I could see her eyes rolling constantly as he teased her and as she watched the parade of ton women visit him.  I could feel his need to harass her by being outrageous.  The story was too short and I felt like I was dropped into the middle of it when things come to a head between Daphne and the Marquess.  I would like to see this developed into a novella or full length novel.

Next is LADY ASHTON TAKES A LOVER.  Often left alone by her husband, Clarissa finally accedes to her friend’s advice to taka a lover for the summer.  Clarissa meets an Adonis at the ball but he disappears.  Going into the garden he reappears and becomes her lover while her husband is knocking at the front door.  I liked this story.  Clarissa takes matters into her own hands.  She finds the lover she wants and appeases her neglecting husband.

The final story THE WEDDING PARTY has Lady Althea Ramsay taking a letter from her late brother to his friend the Duke of Wakefield asking for help.  Invited to the same wedding as her former fiancé, she wants Wakefield to go as her escort.  He attends as her fiancé and puts a plan in action to show the former fiancé what he has lost.  I enjoyed this story.  I liked Althea.  She seems a mouse but has a backbone.  I liked the scenes between her and Wakefield.  They are an evenly matched couple.

I look forward to reading the other seasons in this series.