Sheila

Sheila's Reads

THE LAWRENCE BROWNE AFFAIR by Cat Sebastian

The Lawrence Browne Affair - Cat Sebastian
  Georgie is a thief and con man. He is sent by his brother to Cornwall to check on the mental condition of Sir Lawrence Browne after Georgie runs afoul of his criminal boss. Lawrence is an inventor as well as an Earl. He is considered mad since his father and brother were mad before their deaths. Georgie checks it out and finds that Lawrence is different but not mad. Georgie brings stability into the household.

I liked these characters. They were perfectly matched. Where one was weak, the other was strong. They allow their feelings to grow for each other and realize they need what the other brings to the relationship. Even when Georgie tries to protect Lawrence, Lawrence thwarts his efforts and does the protecting. The story pulled me in from the beginning. I wanted to know what Georgie wanted to know and how he knew it when he finally figured out what was happening at Lawrence's estate.

I look forward to the other books in the series.