Sheila

Sheila's Reads

LOVE AND OREOS by Elizabeth Bemis

Love and Oreos: The Mendoza Sisters Trilogy, Book 1  (A Sudden Falls Romance) (The Mendoza Sisters Series) - Elizabeth Bemis
  Katherine is overweight and out of shape with self-esteem issues. Quinn is a health fanatic who owns health clubs for which Katherine's company is trying to get the advertising account. They clash but cannot deny their attraction.

I liked these characters and the story. My only complaint is why do large women almost always have issues with their size in romances. Why not show a BBW who is happy with her body and leads a productive life regardless of what others think of her and her size? Katherine was a great character but it drove me crazy that Quinn kept saying "she's not my usual type." Who cares? She was wonderful and should have dumped Quinn when he kept putting her at arm's length because of what others said. That drives me crazy in BBW romance. Although I did enjoy her breaking into her house when she locked herself out. That was realistic and funny. She did and thought what I would.