Sheila

Sheila's Reads

THE SIMPLICITY OF CIDER by Amy E. Reichert

The Simplicity of Cider - Amy E. Reichert

Sanna only wants to made the perfect blends of cider. Isaac wants to give his 10-year old son, Bass, a last innocent summer. Their worlds collide when Sanna's father hires Issac to work on their apple orchard. Sanna and Isaac are attracted but with the baggage both carry they try to keep is simple between them.

I loved Sanna and Isaac. They are both strong people who are carrying heavy burdens. Betrayals abound in this story--parents and children, husbands and wives, neighbors. Watching how the thinking of each character is muddled until they come clean with the truth is interesting. I liked how the chapters changed between Sanna and Isaac. I also liked how Eva, the real estate agent, also has some chapters from her point-of-view as well as Bass has a few scenes. I liked how Sanna's thinking develops in regards to the orchard and her burdens. I enjoyed this story.