Sheila

Sheila's Reads

IS SUNDAY SCHOOL DESTROYING OUR KIDS by Samuel C. Williamson

Is Sunday School Destroying Our Kids? How Moralism Suffocates Grace - Samuel C. Williamson

An interesting look at how we teach in Sunday School and how it works in the real world.  I know as a Sunday School teacher I had questions about why we use certain people as examples of how we should live.  Their flaws get in the way of the good they may have done.  Too often they have committed most of the 7 Deadly Sins.  I liked the common sense the author brought to the discussion.  I also liked that he said bring Jesus into the stories as we read them.  I did that as I thought about the Good Samaritan and it was interesting to see the story with Jesus as the victim left by the side of the road then as the travelers passing the victim.  What would Jesus' actions be and what can I learn and use to make me live the gospel better?