Sheila

Sheila's Reads

DUKE OF STORM by Gaelen Foley

Duke of Storm (Moonlight Square, Book 3) - Gaelen Foley

The previous 3 Dukes of Amberly have died in a short period of time.  The new Duke is from Ireland and faces much discrimination.  The Ton wants nothing to do with him but it is up to him to figure out what happened to the other three Dukes when he learns that others believed they were murdered.  He needs an entrée to the Ton which he gets through his neighbor, Lady Margaret Winthrop, who lives with her married sister.

I liked Connor, the new Duke, but I loved Maggie (Margaret).  She was feisty and would not let Connor treat her like his troops.  Her sister I would have loved to dropped kicked her.  She was a witch of the first order.  Thoroughly disagreeable!  The male villain was somewhat predictable.  He did what I figured he would from the beginning although his "accomplice" at the end was unexpected.  I also liked the other members of Moonlight Square and their insights into Maggie and her sister, as well as their support of Connor.

I am enjoying this series more and more.

The women are independent and the men can handle them and work with them instead of trying to put them into a stereotypical role.