Sheila

Sheila's Reads

CALIFORNIA GRIL CHRONICLS: BREA & THE CITY OF PLASTIC by Michelle Gamble-Risley

Brea And The City Of Plastic - Michelle Gamble-Risley

Brea moves to Los Angeles to be a screenwriter and gets involved with men from home and LA.

I did not like most of these people at all.  Brea and Drew (as well as Drew's many "friends") were so shallow that I was disgusted by them.  All Brea worried about was clothes and sex.  She was raped but went along with it instead of calling the cops especially with Drew.  He is a whacked out job.  I truly could not relate to her.  I was in shock that she tells Drew off but never goes to the cops. She finally finds a good guy and she messes it up.  I liked Kale and Maya.  They seemed the only ones who were realistic and down-to-earth.

The author can write (which is why I finished the book.)  She had me feeling emotions towards the characters (probably not the ones she wanted me to feel.)  She also writes good sex scenes.  I would like to see her write a book with less shallow characters who care about something or someone rather than how people or events affect/serve them.  I probably will not read the next book of the series because I only want to know what happens between Brea and Kale and the blurb for the next book mentions Kale but he's in a list with others.  I will, however, look for other books by her because I liked her writing style.