Sheila

Sheila's Reads

MY FAVORITE THINGS IS MONSTERS by Emil Ferris

My Favorite Thing Is Monsters - Emil Ferris
Loved it!  Had a hard time putting it down.  Karen is 12 and her upstairs neighbor has been murdered--suicide according to police but the evidence points to murder.  Karen wants to know who killed Anka, the neighbor.  To do that she must find out about Anka's past and how it connects with her family.  Karen also wants to be a monster and live forever.  That part's not working out so well.

I loved Karen and her older brother Deeze (DZ).  Tough times lie ahead for them.  They have an interesting bunch of neighbors and acquaintances.  As Karen eavesdrops to learn what is being kept from her, she is also on her own interesting adventures that scare her mother and Deeze when she goes off missing at times.  Learning about Anka's life is eye opening as are the lives of some of the neighbors.

This is a cliffhanger and I have to get the next book to find out who killed Anka and what the ending of this book means to Karen.